Friday, May 28, 2010

Tired

Tired in and of itself is not a bad thing. I should be tired if I am putting in the required effort.

There was no way I was getting out of bed this morning. The body was quite happy to be unconcious and completely ignored my pleas to awaken. It was like having weights attached not only to me physically but to my mind which kept wanting to be pulled down into that well of deep sleep.

The good news is soreness is minimal for both of us which(hopefully) means that our level of effort is right. Suzy complained of a little snapping in her tendon behind her knee. That worries me.

I confess that I am looking forward to todays run with both dread and excitement. This morning I was sure there was no way I could make that 35MPH sign that marks where we stopped yesterday. I dread the possibility of failure but am excited by the chance at a small victory.

You need the small victories to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment