Sunday, May 30, 2010

New Shoes

We took our rest day yesterday and bought new running shoes. We went to Philadelphia Runner and were helped by a nice guy named Joe. He was very knowledgeable and fitted us based on our foot types and walking gait. As usual I was the difficult one to fit.

We ran today and made some decent progress. We haven't yet reached the 3/4 mile mark but we are closing in on it. Today was harder for Suzy than me which is different than the last couple of runs. The good news is she didn't have that snapping in the back of her knee. The bad news is I got some blisters from my news shoes. I am going to try taping my feet to mitigate this but if it doesn't work I may have to return these shoes. This is too bad as they are really comfortable except for the rubbing at the heels.

I have high hopes we will reach the 3/4 mark tomorrow without walking...

27 Days to the 5K

No comments:

Post a Comment