Thursday, June 3, 2010

The conquest of the Mile

My knees hurt all day today. Suzy's back was the same. Neither of us felt like running, hell I didn't feel like walking.

We were determined though today is a run day and we were going to do it. Suzy had set her sights on the turn around at one mile. She told me the whole way we were going to make it. I was thinking that she should tell my knees. In the end though we not only made it but turned around and ran a little way back!

We also ran the last 1/4 mile to the end which was excellent.

Today was a milestone day. The Mile mark is conquered!

23 Days to the 5K
13 Training runs left

2 comments:

  1. Butt kicking day! I felt good, and still do. I set out to beat that mile and I did it! Thanks to the best motivator I have - Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congratulations!
    ~Christy K

    ReplyDelete