Friday, June 25, 2010

The last week

Lot’s to update and very little time to do it so if some spelling errors creep in I hope I may be forgiven.

Long time since updates, my boss has this crazy idea I should be working rather than blogging all day. What is that all about?

Suzy’s OKC weekend in her own words:

“Friday night - heat index 96. Beat up walking path about 2000 ft. ran
2/1s for 19 minutes. Walked the rest. It sucked.

Monday morning - up early due to heat - ran to walmart - 1.34 miles one
way. Flat. Not bad. Proud of myself.”


As for me I ran 1/2s on Friday. Still babying the knee. I am not going down injured again if I can help it.

I also skipped Saturday. For some reason I just didn’t feel up to it. I decided to go for 2 minutes running and 2 minutes walking on Monday. I covered 2.5 miles and it really kicked my butt but the knee seemed ok.

Tuesday – Suzy is back! We decided to walk the whole 5K distance. Just to get a feel. We walked it at a very casual pace and it took us about 56 minutes.

Wednesday - Suzy ran my 2/2s with me. It was hot. Very hot. We got pretty close to the 2.5 mile mark. It wasn’t as bad Monday but it was hotter. Last training workout done. Time is up.

Thursday – Walked about a million miles at Dorney Park. Got sunburned, blistered and exhausted. Not the greatest preparation but it sure was fun.

Today – Thinking a lot about what interval I will run tomorrow 3/2s or if I feel real froggy 4/2s. I’m going to have to. With the injury, I just didn’t have the time to work up to doing the full thing. Suzy probably can do the whole thing. Time will tell, in fact about 20 hours will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment