Thursday, June 17, 2010

On the 10 Day...

Well the 5K is on the 10 Day forecast now. They are calling for a high of 86 and a low of 69, mostly sunny. This is good news as I imagine 8:30 in the morning will be closer to the low than the high.

Yesterday Suzy and I ran together. We did my 1/2 intervals, which she says the running part is way faster than her pace. This is good news as even though I am behind I can help her with some pace work.

My knee was pretty sore but it seemed better than Monday, maybe I am now bringing it along at the right pace.

Yesterday was our last workout together for a bit as she is off to OKC tomorrow. I’ll have to motivate myself out the door Friday, Saturday and Monday. I told her to just run two one day and try three another. Just to try the distance. We’ll probably get in one final run on Wednesday and will skip next Friday as it is the evening before the 5K.

My new training plan calls for a sharp increase in the intervals next week but I am not sure I am going to do the full Week 2 increase they prescribe. I may repeat Week 1 or come up with my own Week 1.5. I’m not as concerned with the increase in Run time (the first interval they prescribe is 2/1 and it jumps to 3/1 and then 4/1) as I am in the decrease in recovery time.

I’m considering a week 1.5 that goes 2/2, 3/2 then 4/2 or maybe even stays at 2/2. I’ll just have to see where I am or more precisely where my knee is after this Saturday’s run.

There are five of us so far on the Team for Saturday; Suzy and I of course, our son Robert, daughter Barbara and my brother Andrew. I am trying to talk my son Sean into joining us but he hasn’t confirmed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment